Thursday, 16 August 2012
Corner Leven & Esk Street West, Invercargill
A NZTE registered business training programme in communication skills.
Dealing with poor performance in a work situation can be difficult for many people. Being able to handle that awkward personality, disruptive behaviour or explosive situation in a manner where you can remain calm, stay professional and show empathy and take meaningful action is vital in reaching a long term positive outcome.
This programme will cover all the key competencies to successfully identify, assess and solve poor performance and or unacceptable behaviours in the workplace.
This programme is designed for managers, supervisors or anyone with people reporting directly to them and wants to focus on building more effective teams, or who is struggling to adequately cope with conflict situations.
• Understanding what causes conflict
• Teaching and applying skills and techniques to deal with difficult, unreasonable, aggressive or angry employees and or customers in order to reach a suitable outcome
• Providing a system that takes you through the different stages of a courageous conversation process
• Case studying real conflict examples that attendees are confronted with in the workplace that will increase both the confidence and competence of all attendees
• Increased confidence and competence in dealing with unacceptable performance/behaviours in the work place
• Our roles as ‘Leaders’ of people
• Performance analysis model
• Doing the diagnosis
• Getting the motives right
• The best scripting to get you started
• Moving from informal conversations to the formal disciplinary process
• Seeing the process through
DURATION 1 day
FACILITATOR Robin Rawson from Christchurch
Robin has a strong management, leadership and sales background developed in roles within Flectcher Building and Placemakers.
He is an experienced adult educator/facilitator with over 20 years experience teaching, coaching and mentoring people in the areas of advanced sales, management training, leadership, coaching and mentoring.
Robin has been an accredited Four Quadrant Leadership facilitator since 1990 and is in constant demand throughout New Zealand, Australia (and more recently South Africa) teaching these well researched and highly regarded leadership principles and practices. His belief in, and commitment to, these universal truths are evidenced in the passion, energy, and authority he brings to every programme he is responsible for.
$ 560.00 + GST for NZIM and/or Employers' members
$ 695.00 + GST for non members
This programme has qualified for the NZTE Capability Development Voucher Scheme. Please enter your voucher details when making your booking. We will verify your voucher with the Issuing Regional Partner before confirming your place on the course.