|Not a member? Sign up now!|
Media release courtacy Tourism West Coast
The West Coast Tourism Awards gala dinner was held at Shantytown on Saturday night, 28 August where the winners across the 6 categories were announced.
The winners were:
· Accommodation – Glenfern Villas, Franz Josef Glacier
· Attraction Experience – Glacier Hot Pools, Franz Josef Glacier
· Food & Beverage – Waterline Restaurant, Punakaiki Resort
· Tourism Services – West Coast Shuttles
· Festivals & Events – Wildfoods Festival
· Outstanding contribution to Tourism (by nomination) – Paul Schramm (Wild West Adventures)
· Overall winner: Glacier Hot Pools
Awards judge, Roderick Turner stated that ‘the process was arduous because of the quality of the entries being very high and that the final decisions were difficult to make, with very little separating the finalists’.
The event was hosted by comedian Michelle A’Court who charmed and entertained the audience with her brand of humour.
Tourism West Coast General Manager, Matt Ewen stated; “the awards have been a rewarding process again this year in that it has prompted businesses to look at their operations and evaluate what they are doing within the business. The evening was a success, and congratulations to all of the winners. The event would not have been possible without the support of our sponsors, Tai Poutini Polytechnic, Monteiths, Hospitality Standards Institute, Classic Hits Scenicland FM. A special thanks to the judges Roderick Turner from Tai Poutini Polytechnic, Monica Armesto from Tourism New Zealand and Sir Jeff Tippen from i-SITE New Zealand”
for further information http://www.westcoastnz.com/visit/visit-Tourism_awards/