|Not a member? Sign up now!|
In last week's Our Wellington page we reminded people to check their household's emergency supplies and refresh bottled water and food. This week we want to remind people to have a plan for their household.
Make sure your family has a plan should an earthquake strike while you're at home
Some things to consider include:
- Where the safe areas are in your house during an earthquake.
- How and where you will meet up during and after a disaster.
- Where to store emergency survival items and who will be responsible for maintaining supplies.
- What you will each need in your getaway kits and where to keep them.
- What you should do for members of the household, family or community with a disability or special requirement.
- What you should do for your pets, domestic animals or livestock.
- How and when to turn off the water, electricity and gas at the main switches in your home.
For more information on working out a plan for your household and loved ones, visit:
Prepare for an Emergency