|(Added by Statistics New Zealand) - 384 views, 0 comments||ID: 9678|
Food Price index - annual change
- In June 2010 compared with May 2010:
- Food prices rose 1.3 percent.
- Fruit and vegetable prices rose 9.3 percent.
- Meat, poultry, and fish prices rose 2.7 percent.
- Restaurant meals and ready-to-eat food prices rose 0.3 percent.
- Non-alcoholic beverage prices fell 0.8 percent.
- Grocery food prices fell 0.8 percent.
From June 2009 to June 2010:
- Food prices decreased 2.0 percent. This is the largest annual fall since the monthly series began in January 1960.
RELATED NEWSFood prices record largest annual fall since 1957 13 July 2010