Carterton District Council
Business // Council // Carterton
Profile views: 675
The Carterton district is located in the Wairarapa between Greytown and Masterton and has an area of 1,145 square kilometres. Originally known as Three Mile Bush, Carterton was established in 1857 to house workers building the road between Greytown and Masterton.
Carterton district is bounded by the Waiohine River to the south and the Waingawa River to the north and stretches from the Tararua Ranges to the west and to the Pacific Ocean to the east.