Before you undertake any major renovation, you need to be aware of the potential pitfalls. For example, understanding council requirements, building code requirements and potential additional costs that many people are not aware of. By hiring Style Plus, all of these will be discussed in the early stages, with a competent project manager, meaning that there are no nasty surprises or budget blow outs.
The following are a few further examples on the advantages of why it is worthwhile employing a project manager to manage your renovation:
• The project manager will be the “single point of contact” for the client. This would negate any miscommunication that can occur between multiple subcontractors and the client managing the project. Renovations can consume a large amount of unexpected time managing subcontractors and keeping the project to the scheduled timeline and at the budgeted cost.
• The project manager will take control of your renovation from concept to completion. This is generally achieved through excellent management, communication, organisational and budgetary management skills.
• The project manager will have access to a team of registered tradespeople, architects and engineers that they work alongside with on renovations.
• The project manager understands how long specific areas of work will take. This is achieved by planning the project and allocating tasks with time frames.
• The project manager will generally visit the site on a daily basis. They liaise with tradespeople onsite to ensure the renovation is carried out on budget and on schedule. And check that the Health & Safety plan is being adhered to.
Whether you will undertake a small or large or even a commercial renovation, the need for a competent project manager becomes an important factor towards the success of a project. Syle Plus’ project management system manages your renovation or new build on a day to day basis whether you are in Auckland or overseas. All their builders can login to this system to send updates to the project manager and upload photos and videos of progress. It’s a fantastic system for keeping everyone involved in a project in the loop.