Kaipara District Council is again offering help to preserve our District’s unique heritage through the Kaipara Heritage Assistance Fund.
The fund was set up in 2006 and as a result of its success Council has again set aside $15,000 for 2011 to help and encourage people to protect and preserve resources of heritage value. These can include historic sites, buildings and archaeological sites. Projects can include archaeological assessments as well as physical preservation.
Individuals, private landowners, iwi and hapu and groups, including community groups and organisations, can all apply but to qualify for funding, projects must:
- Be within the Kaipara District
- Have the support of the owner of the heritage resource
- Be of proven historical significance
- Demonstrate some community benefit
- Be essential and appropriate to ensure the preservation of the heritage resource
- Include a contribution from the applicant
Applications to the Kaipara Heritage Assistance Fund close on Monday 31 October 2011. Application Forms are available from Kaipara District Council Service Centres or online at www.kaipara.govt.nz. More information is also available from the Customer Service Team on 09 439 3123, 0800 727 059 or 0800 100 388