Dunedin Band Tour Lower South Island For New Zealand Music Month
The members of Dunedin band Black Boy Peaches, Hamish and Tom Mepham, are looking forward to a string of New Zealand Music Month gigs around the lower South as they promote their new single Apocalypse Sun.
"This is the first track we've released in 18 months, and it's the first one we've released as a two-piece,” says Tom. “It's a big step closer to the sound and style we’re aiming for."
After encountering both success and difficulty with their 'Slasher' and 'Company Feel Good' releases, the Mepham brothers want to make sure they put the lessons they have learned into practice. "The music is the fun part. It's much harder to organise a great tour, and to ensure we have a strong promo plan in place for a release," Tom says. "We're taking our time; we want to be as good with the business as we are with the music.”
You can find the new single Apocalypse Sun available for free download at
You can see Black Boy Peaches live at any of the following concerts:
- Thurs 17th May, 5:30pm, Dunedin Public Library, Dunedin, Free entry
- Sat 19th May, 9:30pm, The Penguin Club, Oamaru, $7 entry
- Sat 26th May, 10:30pm, Dux de Lux, Queenstown, Free entry
- Sat 2nd June, 9:30pm, Re:Fuel, Dunedin, 9:30pm, $7 entry
- Sat 9th June, 9:30pm, Darkroom Bar, Christchurch, Free entry