|(Added by Hastings District Council) - 2288 views||ID: 7318|
· Conserve water and restrict unnecessary use.
Sprinkler & Hose Restrictions: (Yellow) 6am–8am and 7pm–9pm only
· Only use your hose or sprinkler between 6am-8m or 7pm-9pm.
· This is to encourage people to supervise sprinklers. Also, watering gardens during the heat of the day wastes water as water just evaporates.
Sprinkler Ban (Orange): 6am–8am and 7pm–9pm only
· No sprinklers (hand-held hoses only), Only use your hand-held hose between 6am-8am and 7pm-9pm.
· Users have more control over handheld water use so are less likely to leave the hose running and waste water.
Total Sprinkler & Hose Ban: (Red)
· You cannot use your sprinkler or hose at all.
· If water usage continues in line with previous trends, there’s a strong chance that full sprinkler and hose bans would be imposed over summer.
To see how your community is going at conserving water, check the website: http://www.hastingsdc.govt.nz/water-useage-monitor