A brand new conference facility in Methven will officially open on March 1st.
The extension to Ski Time in Racecourse Ave is now complete after works commenced in April 2012 and is taking booking inquiries.
Ski Time’s Peter Wood says the purpose-built conference facility is in an amazing location and will appeal to many businesses and groups wanting to be close to Christchurch or southern towns but far enough away to be out of “the city”.
“The new development includes more guest rooms and most importantly the bulk of it is conference space and all that goes with a brand new facility – the ability to conference call, Skype, data cabling and feeds to large flat screen monitors, for example,” he says.
Wood says the development can accommodate up to 100 people standing, 50 people in a theatre style set up, 30 people in a classroom style layout, and 20 people in a U-shape or boardroom set up.
“For events covering two to three days or even longer, the facility will dovetail perfectly with our restaurant and kitchen capacity,” he adds. “Our accommodation now totals 42 rooms, most of which have private ensuite bathrooms. Nine two bedroom apartments which have one modern bathroom for each two-roomed apartment. We have allowed for a BBQ area which will adjoin the conference space, and the panoramic windows provide grandstand views of the majestic Mt Hutt range.”
Peter Wood also says the expansion of Ski Time is good news for the local economy.
“For conferences that run for more than a couple of days, clients often want additional activities - we all know about “all work and no play”. So we are working alongside local operations such as the golf courses, rafting, hot air balloons, jet boating, horse riding, clay shooting and mountain biking, to enable hassle-free excursions for visiting groups,” he says.
Wood says the aim of his team is to create a tranquil atmosphere with a certain rustic charm while at the same time providing modern technology and comfort, to which business clients are accustomed.
For enquiries or further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org telephone on (03) 3028 398 or fax to (03) 3028 394.
Check out www.skitime.co.nz
More About Ski Time
• Originally an old potato shed, Ski Time opened in 1985.
• With a huge amount of hard work, the rustic, wood clad interior became what we see today - the Ski Time Restaurant and Bar, which is one of the most popular gathering spots in Methven and the surrounding area.
• Dates of Ski Time developments:
2012 Conference facility development commences
2008/09 Addition of apartments and studios
2003 Lodge opens - upstairs
1999 Rebuild after fire downstairs
1985 It all began…….
• The new Ski Time Conference facility offers a large, new, modern meeting space supported by a restaurant, professional and attentive staff, and top class accommodation.
• Ski Time offers lodge rooms, all with ensuite rooms and modern self-contained apartments. There is wheelchair access to all areas and two brand new king rooms with full wheelchair facilities.
• All accommodation provides wireless internet access.
• Ski Time is located just over an hour’s drive from Christchurch International Airport, 30 minutes drive from Mt Hutt Ski Area and a mere 5 minute walk from the town centre of Methven.
• Everything about Ski Time is just right. From the open fires, comfortable decor, extensive wine list, fantastic food and brilliant service, the stylish, cosy atmosphere and warm welcome will ensure you never want to leave.
An example of our menu ……
To Begin With...
house breads & spreads
today’s soup we came up with
chicken liver pate, home-style chutney & crusty bread
crumbed calamari, aioli, herb butter mussels
smoked salmon & avocado salad, garlic toast
grilled spiced lamb & nectarine salad
To Get Through....
maple coated pork cutlets, caramelised pears
chicken breast, pesto & ham stuffing, redcurrant jus
pancetta wrapped Akaroa salmon, citrus crème fraiche
fillet or rib eye steak, portobello mushrooms, red wine balsamic sauce
lemon & herb crusted blue cod, red pepper mayonnaise
To Finish With...
mini pavlovas, minted fresh fruit & cream
lemon scented mascarpone trifle, chocolate, berries & cassis
apple & rhubarb crumble pie, ice cream
frozen raspberry parfait, almond toffee
If you have a special dietary requirement, just sing out, and we will gladly make a tasty treat for you.