|Sign up now!|
If you are looking for an Auckland pregnancy photographer and planning on booking such a session for yourself, or would like to arrange a gift voucher, now is the perfect time! As part of Boutique Lifestyle Photography’s Spring specials, maternity photo shoots sessions have been reduced for a limited time to just $79!
Selecting your preferred maternity photographer in Auckland is just the first step in the creation of your treasured photographic memories. As this is such a special occasion for any mother, whether this is your first child or not, you should plan to ensure that your experience is as relaxed and enjoyable as possible.
Below are six helpful tips to help you plan your Auckland maternity photo shoot.
1. Timing is everything with maternity photography. Ideally, you should be looking to book your photo shoot when you are between 31 and 36 weeks pregnant. This will ensure that your tummy has a nice round shape perfect for photographing. If you leave your session too late, you run the risk of the baby arriving early. At this late stage, you may also not be feeling confident in front of the camera. You may also wish to book multiple sessions during your pregnancy to show your baby’s journey!
2. Planning your shoot in advance with your photographer regarding posing ideas and concepts will ensure you are well prepared on the day. If you have specific ideas in mind you should mention these to your photographer so there are no surprises and last minute hiccups. Exploring online galleries is a great way to gain inspiration!
3. You may wish to include your significant other in your maternity photo shoot with you. This is a great way of celebrating this journey together. As such, you may wish to have some portraits taken by yourself and some taken together as a couple. Plan this in advance to ensure that you are able to secure a shoot date that works for both of your schedules!
4. Don’t forget to accessorise! You should be encouraged to bring along any items of personal significance, including but not limited to jewellery, wraps and furs or pre-purchased baby clothing which you may want included in your portraits. Your photographer may also be able to provide a selection of such items during your session.
5. Bring along a selection of outfits to create a variety of looks throughout your portraits. Some of your portraits may be focused solely on your tummy, others full length. By keeping your options open, you will be surprised how many different looks can be achieved throughout your session. The possibilities are endless!
6. Don’t stress and worry that you won’t look good in your portraits. Everyone feels somewhat self-conscious in front of the camera, but relaxing as much as possible will make you appear more confident in your portraits. Your photographer, as previously mentioned, should provide you with helpful posing advice throughout your session. It’s important to make a mental note to enjoy your experience as much as possible. This is an exciting moment in your life, and your portraits will be a reminder of this joyous occasion for the rest of your life!
Boutique Lifestyle Photography
Suite 1, 231 Khyber Pass Road, Grafton, Auckland 1023, New Zealand
(09) 522 5123