A man charged with two suspicious fires in Wainuiomata over the weekend is facing a further nine charges.
The 43 year old Porirua man was yesterday charged with the suspicious fires at the Wainuiomata Gospel Hall and the Wainuiomata Pioneer Church.
This man has now been charged with a further 8 arsons and one attempted arson.
- Fire at Tony's Tyre Service (Saturday 4 June 2011)
- Fire at Porirua Gospel Church (Saturday 4 June 2011)
- Fire at St Albans Church, Pauatahanui (Sunday 5 June 2011)
- Seatoun Scout Hall, Seatoun (Sunday 5 June 2011)
- Rubbish truck fire in Adelaide Street, Petone (Sunday 5 June 2011)
- Karori Church Chapel (attempted arson) (Sunday 5 June 2011)
- Horouta Ki Poneke Marae (Sunday 5 June 2011)
- Unoccupied house in Bluff Road, Kenepuru (Sunday 5 June 2011)
- Porta Loo set alight on Main Road, Tawa (Sunday 5 June 2011).
The 43 year old man has appeared in the Lower Hutt District Court this afternoon on the 10 charges of arson and one of attempted arson. He has been remanded in custody to reappear on Thursday 9 June 2011.