infonews.co.nz
INDEX
NEWS

Students back at school

Wednesday 13 February 2013, 12:35PM

By News Man

439 views

TARANAKI

The five students from a Taranaki school who suffered from smoke inhalation after a fire yesterday are now back in the classroom.

A fire broke out at Devon Intermediate yesterday... it's believed to have started due to a problem with a fluorescent light.

The students were taken to Taranaki Base Hospital, but were discharged last night.

Principal Fiona Parkinson says the library is completely gutted and insurers are currently assessing the damage.

It's not known when the library will be back up and running.