Export champion Sir Ken Stevens, chairman of Export New Zealand and managing director of Glidepath, is to lead a trade mission to Hong Kong and China next month.
Sir Ken will travel with the group on the trip from October 11 – October 22 which is being jointly managed by Export New Zealand, the New Zealand China Trade Association (NZCTA) and the New Zealand Hong Kong Business Association (HKNZBA).
The mission will focus on events and business matching in Hong Kong, at the Canton Import and Export Fair and through a series of targeted visits in the Pearl River Delta.
“This is not only an exciting opportunity to visit the Canton Fair, but also to get access to places and knowledge you just cannot hope to achieve as an independent traveller,” says David Catty, NZCTA spokesman for the mission.
“Sir Ken’s participation will open many trade doors and great business deals are made on trips like these.”
The mission is scheduled to take in activities hosted by Invest Hong Kong and the Hong Kong Trade Development Council and business matching catering to participants’ requests.
Some visits planned include:
· eAsia in Hong Kong, the world’s second largest electronics trade show
· a German/Chinese joint venture for refurbishing jet engines
· Coloplast, a Danish company making medical products
· Gree ,an air conditioner manufacturer
· Heng Tai Logistics, a Hong Kong listed logistics with NZ connections
· Galanz microwave oven factory
· Helix diamond cutting and jewellery manufacturer
· Zhujiang-InBev, International beer museum and brewery